Tim O’Brien, the founder of O’Brien Communications and host of the Shaping Opinion podcast discusses the ethical dangers of deplatforming and relative ethics.
Jim Lukaszewski, one of America’s most respected crisis and ethics counselors for the C-Suite at global brands, discusses:
• How to most effectively counsel senior executives around ethics issues
• How to speak up and be heard when you notice an ethical lapse
• How all ethics lapses are intentional and what it means
Blake Lewis, the Principal and Founder of Three Box Strategic Communications. Discusses a number of key ethics topics, including:
• Ethical traps for Millennials and Gen Z
• The importance of discernment
• How to make ethics training a regular part of your culture
• How compromise can destroy who you are
Mark Dvorak the executive director of Golin Atlanta and an expert independent consultant, discusses the three biggest threats to ethical behavior in public relations. During the interview he also shares his insight on a variety of topics, including: what ethical guideposts to use when you are facing a new situation and how managers should support their employees in difficult ethical situations.
Dr. Joe Trahan, a 30+ year PR pro, retired Lt. Col and media trainer for more than 3,000 people a year, shares his ethics insights in a captivating interview. He discusses:
• How to save your soul when you are in an unethical company
• How fake news is eroding public trust
• Why public relations professionals and PRSA need to be stronger advocates for our profession
• The importance of standing up for what you believe in even in the face of unspeakable threats of violence
Kim Sample, president of the PR Council discusses a number of key ethics issues, including:
• How to handle unethical client requests
• Best practices for building an ethical agency culture
• Ethical challenges with controversial clients and employee activism
Mike Neumeier, the CEO of Arketi Group, shares his insight on how PR pros can deal with ethics issues, including:
• What to do when a manager or competitor overpromises
• How and when to disclose
• Unexpected challenges with paid media
Scott Monty, a neoclassical digital executive who led Ford’s digital and social media discusses:
• The perils of obfuscation
• The top ethics challenges facing communicators today
• How many tech companies are ethically challenged
• Ethics advice from the classics that is still relevant today
Patrice Tanaka, co-founder of three award winning PR and marketing agencies and currently the Chief Joy Officer at Joyful Planet discusses number of key topics including:
• What questions should you ask to make sure you are hiring ethical people?
• How can you really demonstrate to your employees the importance of living your ethical code?
• Should you only hire people that know ballroom dancing?
Lou Capozzi, the former chairman of MSL, and former president of the PRSA Foundation, shares some great insight including:
• Why you must be careful who you trust
• What every in-house PR pro needs to be ready to do
• How to determine what brands you will represent
• The importance of being skeptical