Marcy Massura, the CEO of MM & Company, discusses client dishonesty, Wikipedia, PR super powers and how they are misused, and inherent ethical biases in the social media infrastructure.
Brandi Boatner, the Social and Influencer Communications Lead global markets for IBM addresses a number of communications ethics issues including:
• How can public relations professionals prepare for techlash?
• What questions should PR pros ask to help avoid unconscious bias in campaigns and AI?
• How can social pros best run an ethical influencer campaign?
• Generational challenges with fake news
Scott Monty, a neoclassical digital executive who led Ford’s digital and social media discusses:
• The perils of obfuscation
• The top ethics challenges facing communicators today
• How many tech companies are ethically challenged
• Ethics advice from the classics that is still relevant today
Joining me this week on Ethical Voices is Gary McCormick, APR, Fellow PRSA. He is a past president of PRSA, owns his own consulting firm, previously worked in marketing and public relations for Scripps Networks Interactive, the parent company of cable networks HGTV, Food Network, and the Travel Channel, and has decades of experience in…