Tim O’Brien, the founder of O’Brien Communications and host of the Shaping Opinion podcast discusses the ethical dangers of deplatforming and relative ethics.
Marisa Vallbona, the founder and president of CIM, Inc PR and co-founder of the PR Consultants Group, discusses:
• Going beyond “that’s unethical” to understand the issues and better guide those you are advising
• What to do when people steal your ideas
• The challenges the lack of enforcement of PRSA’s Code of Ethics creates for the public relations industry
EthicalVoices is one year old. Thank you. It is just beginning.
Jim Lukaszewski, one of America’s most respected crisis and ethics counselors for the C-Suite at global brands, discusses:
• How to most effectively counsel senior executives around ethics issues
• How to speak up and be heard when you notice an ethical lapse
• How all ethics lapses are intentional and what it means
Today is Halloween. I was going through some old files and found an infographic I created back in 2014 – The Nine Circles of PR Hell. Since it is also a throwback Thursday, I decided to share it here as a bonus post.
Blake Lewis, the Principal and Founder of Three Box Strategic Communications. Discusses a number of key ethics topics, including:
• Ethical traps for Millennials and Gen Z
• The importance of discernment
• How to make ethics training a regular part of your culture
• How compromise can destroy who you are
Torod Neptune, the chief communications officer at Lenovo discusses a number of key global and technology ethics issues including:
• How to move companies from the organization they are today to the one they want to be
• Living brand values globally and locally
• Why addressing ethics issues with technology requires businesses to think at the top of the stream
Mark Dvorak the executive director of Golin Atlanta and an expert independent consultant, discusses the three biggest threats to ethical behavior in public relations. During the interview he also shares his insight on a variety of topics, including: what ethical guideposts to use when you are facing a new situation and how managers should support their employees in difficult ethical situations.
This week on Ethical Voices, Robin Schell and Stacey Smith, senior counsel and partners at Jackson, Jackson & Wagner discuss a number of key PR and communication ethics issues, including:
• What to do when a client asks you to anonymously leak information
• Ethical issues with transparency and in-person research
• How to ethically leverage appeals to emotion
• The one ethics guidepost every PR pro needs to keep top of mind
Angela Sinickas the CEO of Sinickas Communications, discusses a number of key issues, including:
• What to do ethically when you realize you work at a company rife with sexism and racism
• Ethical missteps in the PR proposal process
• How ethics mistakes can haunt you for years (and how to overcome them)
• How to ethically deal with people with an agenda