This week, Paula Pedene, APR, Fellow PRSA is being inducted into the Defense Information School Hall of Fame. She was the first EthicalVoices interview in 2018. Listen to it again.
Sam Villegas, APR, a Senior Consultant with Raftelis shares insight on:
1) What do you do when you are asked to stonewall on a public health issue?
2) When should you act as a whistle blower?
3) How do you effectively respond to disinformation and fear-based attacks?
Michael Lasky, the co-chair of the litigation practice group of Davis and Gilbert, shares great insight on a number of topics including:
• The ethics of talent migration
• The intersection of creativity, ethics and legality
Paula Pedene is an ethics inspiration to me. She is a service-disabled veteran, was a public affairs officer in the Navy and works at the VA. She was PRSA’s PR professional of the year in 2015. She is a guidepost against which many PR professionals should measure their ethical standards and took at stand against unethical practices as a whistleblower.
This Ethical Voices interview will look at:
What to do if you are put in the position to be a whistleblower
How to protect yourself
The best ethics advice Paula received
Future ethical challenges facing the profession