I figure everyone is either still gone for the long July 4th weekend, or is insanely busy covering for those that are out, so Ethical Voices this week will be a snapshot of exclusive content normally only available on the podcast. Specifically, I end each podcast with a relevant quote about ethics.
If you didn’t know that, you are just reading the blog and missing out on wonderful bonus content. You can quickly access the entire podcast library here.
Without further ado, following are some of my favorite quotes about ethics. With these in your back pocket, you can sound wise, and be a sure hit at a cocktail party or lobster bake.
- “Ethics is not a description of what people do. It’s a prescription for what we all should do.” – Michael Josephson
- “In just about every area of society, there’s nothing more important than ethics.” – Henry Paulson
- “To be an ethical leader is indeed to be different. The kind of leader acknowledges the complexity of running a responsible business, yet tries to do it anyway.” – Andrew Lee
- “The highest compact we can make with our fellow man is that there be truth between us two forevermore.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure, one heavy mischance after another? Not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man who has developed a high and heroic temper.” – Aristotle
- “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters, cannot be trusted with important matters.” – Albert Einstein
- “A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.”- Henry Ford
- “Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do in what is right to do.” – Potter Stewart
- “Ethics and equity and the principles of justice do not change with the calendar.” – D.H.Lawrence
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”- Aristotle (Onasis)
- “To care for anyone else enough to make their problems ones own is ever the beginning of one’s real ethical development.” – Felix Adler
- “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that as good, just in beautiful, of which is the invisible, but never less, dazzling, passionate, and eternal form.” – Plato
P.S. You won’t believe the interview topic I have for next week….
Latest posts by Mark McClennan, APR, Fellow PRSA (see all)
- Building an Ethical Agency Culture: Kim Sample - September 16, 2019
- Ethics, Communications and Technology – Avoiding Techlash: Brandi Boatner - September 9, 2019
- It’s Labor Day – But Ethics Carries On - September 2, 2019