Today is Labor Day in the United States, so this week I will be taking a break from my labors of bringing you insightful ethics interviews content. Rest assured, I have great interviews already in the hopper for September and October.
But September is an important month. It is both the PRSA and PRCA’s Ethics month and most PRSA chapters will be having some sort of program about ethics. The Helsinki Ethics conference will be occurring this week as well. This is good news for the profession for hopefully their will be a cornucopia of new, original ethics content (can you tell I am already thinking ahead to Thanskgiving?).
You should also check out PRSA’s ethics resources:
If you want to keep up to date on communication ethics issues, some of the best hashtags I have found are:
#ethicsmonth (during September)
There are some great Webinars planned.
- PRSA is hosting one on 9/8 @ 3 p.m. ET “Leading With Ethics” which discusses ways that PR/communication professionals can lead with ethics. PRSA members can register for free at this link: https://apps.prsa.org/Learning/Calendar/register/12200
- PRCA is hosting Twitter Chats and other events as well and shared their Bell Pottinger case study (which is an example I love to share in my PR ethics class).
- What to do when you are faced with nearness and drinking bias – Melissa Vela-Williamson, APR - July 26, 2021
- What can PR professionals learn from the open source community? – Laura Kempke - July 19, 2021
- What to do when your boss doesn’t value honesty as much as you do – Gary McKillips - July 12, 2021