This year, I am continuing a tradition I started last year. I figure everyone is either still gone/checked our for the long July 4th weekend, or is insanely busy covering for those that are out, so Ethical Voices this week will be a snapshot of exclusive content normally only available on the podcast. Specifically, I end each podcast with a relevant quote about ethics.
If you didn’t know that, you are just reading the blog and missing out on wonderful bonus content. You can quickly access the entire podcast library here.
Without further ado, following are some of my favorite quotes about ethics. With these in your back pocket, you can sound wise, and be a sure hit at a Zoom cocktail party or backyard lobster bake.
Stay safe, stay sane, and I will be back next week with some amazing interviews…..
- “A person may cause evil to others, not only by his actions, but by his inaction. And in either case, he is just the accountable to them for the injury.” – John Stuart Mill
- “Subtlety may deceive you, but integrity never will.” – Oliver Cromwell
- “Your actions define your character, your words define your wisdom, but your treatment of others defines the real you.” – Mayur Ramgir
- “The best mirror is an old friend.” – George Herbert
- “Ordinary acts of love and hope point to the extraordinary promise that every human life is of inestimable value.” – Desmond Tutu
- “Not just life, but good life is to be valued.” – Socrates
- “The real threat to business is from within, from poor ethical standards and lack of integrity that can do incalculable harm. History has proven repeatedly that business ethics, shared value and corporate governance determine the longevity of an enterprise.” – Azim Premji
- “You’re responsible for everything you tweet, and everything you retweet.” – Germany Kent
- “As Plato insisted 2,000 years ago, it is not by means of the image that moral, ethical, or political knowledge is produced.” – Abigail Solomon-Godeau
- “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation because your character is what you really are. While your reputation is merely what others think you are.” – John Wooden
- “The courage to speak on moral or ethical issues and to take an ethical position becomes a greater imperative every day. With demonstrated commitment and a sense of ethics that works full-time, ethical behavior must be exemplified and modeled by the leader.” – Frances Hesselbein
- “The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions, our inner balance, and even our very existence depend on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life.” – Albert Einstein
- “A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist and shrinks from injuring anything that lives.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings.” – Ann Landers
- “Before I can live with other people, I have to live with myself.” – Harper Lee
- “Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
- This Week in PR Ethics (1/27/22): Front Groups, Misinformation and Historical Transgressions - January 27, 2022
- What do you do when you fire a client who has prepaid you? Lisa Gerber - October 18, 2021
- Why businesses need to stick to their purpose and avoid wokewashing – Rebekah Iliff - September 13, 2021